In the Community
A major undertaking such as this comprehensive upgrade of the Aquidneck Island electrical system demands active and open communication between National Grid and the communities affected by the project. To accomplish that, we’re launching a number of communication efforts and a variety of ways for the public to receive information and interact with us.
Please continue to check this page for updates on community outreach efforts and other planned activities.
Upcoming Public Info Sessions
As we draw closer to the start of construction on the transmission network and substations, National Grid will be hosting the following public information sessions to for the community to engage with our project team.
- Community Webinar: Date TBD
Throughout the project, you can connect with the team via the following channels:
- A Twitter account (@OnIslandNG) is available to encourage public interaction and provide convenient access to ongoing project information. You can get to our Twitter feed by clicking on the Twitter handle above or on the Twitter icon in the footer of this website.
- A project hotline – 401-400-5862 or 800-568-4558.
- This website, which will regularly post up-to-date project news and information.
- Click here to access a recording of our Community Webinar (3/24/15)
Concern and caring for the community
Community commitment is something we take very seriously. That’s why we contribute millions of dollars every year to support programs focused on energy, education, and the environment that affect our customers and region. We understand the importance of building strong relationships with our customers, community leaders, and elected officials to help our communities grow and thrive.